Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beaches, Tonala, and the President Of Mexico

    I haven't blogged in a little while.  These last two weeks were busy with papers and tests as well as beach excursions, school trips, and  the President of Mexico being near my house.  Next week I also have a lot of papers, tests, and presentations so I will be busy. 
     To relax before this week I am going back to Puerto Vallarta with one of my friends.  I went last weekend as well. It was very pretty and relaxing and I am excited to be going back.  Puerto Vallarta is an amazing city in Mexico that has a really pretty beach, nice hotels, and plenty of things to do.         
     Aside from this, I also went to Tonala which is a city close to Guadalajara where there are a lot of artisan crafts and markets.  While there, I say Munecas de Lupita which are hand crafted dolls that are made in Tonala and shipped all around the world, I saw vidrio soplado , which are figures of glass that  are made of recycled glass.  This glass can be remade into kitchen sets, plates, bowls, etc.  I also went to a pottery place where 4 generations of a family work. President Obama, the former President of Mexico and the Prime Minister of Canada have eaten from plates that were made from this very place. There is a picture of these three men in the place and it was really interesting to see. As well as this, I also got to see a paper mache place. The things they had in it were pretty. Life sized paper mache cows, a life sized paper mache peacock, and paper mache fishes were just a few of the things that I saw in this place.  It was really cool to see as well.  I definitely want to go back to this city if given the chance.
     As well as this, I wanted to talk about seeing Enrique Pena Nieto.  When I came home from school, there were about 20 police officers and a truck of about 20 army members, and about 10 private security guards in front of my house.  Caught a little off guard, I walked into the house with my friend and tried to figure out what might be going on and then my Senora told me about the President of Mexico and the Governor of Jalisco being about four blocks away from the house.
    So, this week has been exciting and busy for me.   Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment