Monday, July 16, 2012

Guanajuato and San Miguel Allende.

     So last week has been a calm one.  I didn't really do anything special except for go to Guanajuato and San Miguel Allende this weekend.  Both of the cities were amazing.  They were both colonial cities that we made in the mountains and still has cobblestone streets. The people that live in these cities have done a good job preserving its beauty.  During this trip I got to see Diego Rivera's, a famous Mexican muralist, house, La callejon de besos, which is a street that has two houses across from one another that nearly touch, (There is a legend (the link-
http://www.explorandomexico.com/about-mexico/5/227/) that is like the Mexican version of Romeo and Juliet, if you and your significant other you will have good luck), as well as to the Universidad of Guanajuato which is very colonial looking and pretty. I also took a tour on San Miguel Allende and saw a few things and a market there. Lastly, I had my first experience in a hostel.  A hostel is basically like a large dorm room where many young travelers stay to save money and meet others.  It was definitely an experience. Even though it was raining ninety percent of the time and it was very exhausting, this mini weekend trip was well worth it.
     This week I am planing on having lunch with Dr. Valencia who is down here with family while I am studying. I am very excited to see her and glad that I go to a university where your teacher can come visit you while you are studying abroad.  As well as this, this weekend, as we have a long weekend from school, I am going to go to Puerto Vallarta which is a really pretty beach here in Jalisco.  Thanks for reading and have a good week.







No comments:

Post a Comment