Saturday, August 11, 2012

End of Summer Semester/Summer Break


So last week I finished my summer semester. It went by really fast. I will be starting the fall semester on Monday.

I also said goodbye to a lot of the other international students that I became friends with over the summer. Because of this amongst some other things I have started missing some things about home and about Saint Joe's.
So this week, I had the entire week off, I found some new things to do in Guadalajara. During the vacation, I went to the center which is a big market and also went to two museums there. The Museo de Cerda (The Wax Museum) and Aunque Usted No lo Crea ( Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum). I saw some pretty interesting things there including a wax replica of Barack Obama which I had to take a picture with. I also got some new roommates, one from Japan and one from Romania, at the house. This and numerous Kenan and Kel youtube videos, and Hey Arnold and Spongebob episodes in Spanish, and reading the novels Divergent and Insurgent, have helped me get through this little down part of this trip.  I'll let you all know how my first week of the fall semester goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment