Monday, June 11, 2012

First Day of School/The Virgin of Zapopan

 I officially had my first day of classes in Mexico.  They went really well, I have a 100 minute grammar class and a 100 minute conversation class Monday-Friday.  It was nice to acquaint with all of the international students. We asre a diverse group of students.  There are students from Germany, China, Japon, Korea, the United States and other Latin American countries, as well as many others I am probably missing all in my class only.  It;s nice sharing this experience with so many different people.

Yesterday, I also had the pleasure to see a parade of the Virgin of Zapopan, which I out a wikipedia article under this to give you all more information as I do not know much about it. The parade was very pretty and came right down the street that I live in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zapopan,_Jalisco#The_Virgin_of_Zapopan_and_her_basilica


* I will be posting every Monday evening to this blog (and possibly more depending on what happenes throughout the week) but no less. Thank you all for reading and have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ms. Brown:

    It's your A7 Family checking in. It sounds like you are off to an amazing start. I am wondering how close Moe's comes to real Mexican food. The pictures are great, and it sounds like you are surrounded by good people. We will check in regularly; in fact, your blog might be part of our summer school experience. We miss you!!
    Be Great,
    Your Gengras Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am and Moe's food isn't as off as most people think it is in some places. They have the idea of what kind of food they make here but not exactly the taste. I am doing really well and loving the city and all of my classes are going well too. I am definitely learning a lot more vocabulary and I feel more fluent. I hope that my Gengras family is doing well and that everyone has a great end of the year. I cannot wait to see you all again and remember that I am thinking of you and looking for really cool stuff in Mexico to bring back and show/give to people. I will talk to you all soon.

    Ms. Brown

    ReplyDelete