Thursday, June 7, 2012

First two days

So, I have finally arrive safely and tired to Guadalajara.  The first thing that I loved was the view of the mountains when I was flying  in to Guadalajara were a very pretty sight to see. 

When I got here I was taken by  a taxi from my school to my new house which currently has four students including myself and will be getting two more on Sunday.  It's nice having all these roommates to orientate myself with Guadalajara. 

Also, Suki has shown me how to get to the school, various stores, and other important places here in the city. She has been a Godsend with helping me orientate myself.

Now, for some interesting things that I have observed here I saw a band, jugglers and  a mime all perform on a busy street today in between cars. I thought it was very interesting, and a little dangerous, to see.  Also, I have seen a mall which is comparible to the West Farms in the United States (which I have some pictures of). I also have been to a PF Changs, my university twice before classes started (I have orientation tomorrow).  I am saving things such as my plane tickets, some bus tickets from various busses, and some newspapers, and anything else little and tangible that I can put in a note book that I can bring back to the United States for myself and to show my students Mexican realia.  (A Spanish teacher teaching  strategy) I love that I will be bringing stuff back including pesos (if thats legal).

So, some more about my house.  My senora has already started calling me "mi hija" ( my daughter in English) and when I see her I am greeted with a hug and kiss on the cheek and a compliment on my Spanish.  She is very sweet and she makes sure I eat a lot which is good for me since I love Mexican food.

One more experience that I have had is with the public transportation.  It is very frecuent and very cheap but the bus drivers drive very fast. I have stepped on some feet and had to catch my balance but besides that it has been great. Taxis are also available in abundance here.












































So far my experience has been great.  Getting a lot of exercise with all this walking around and I am ready to explore Guadalajara more this weekend with my roommates and my school. Thank you all for reading this I hope you enjoyed. I am going to post pictures of everything that I have came across, various streets, malls, restaurants, etc. below.

No comments:

Post a Comment