Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mexico City Trip

     So this weekend I went to Mexico City.  We saw the Palacio Nacional, Templo Mayor  , Catedral, Edificios de Avenida Modero, La Profesa, Palacio de Iturbide, La Casa de los Azulejos, Museo Nacional de Antropologia e Historia, Coyoacan, La Villa, and Teotihuacan, and  we ate at the first Sanborns restaurant made and we stayed in the beautiful Hotel Mallarca. The city was really pretty and I because we saw so much I am confused as to what is what so I left a link(s) of information about all the places for anyone that is interested.
http://www.mexicocity.gob.mx/
(This is the government website and it can be translated into English or whatever language that you choose.   You can put each of the places that I described in the search bar and information will come up about each one.
     I also went to another market and bought an Aztec calendar which will be a decoration for my first Spanish classroom as well as a little stone turtle and an aztec statue and a purse that has Mexico written all over it literally.  A lot of these things are really cheap in Mexico and I am enjoying getting little gifts for people.
     I really enjoyed the trip very much and it was full of information and great activities. Another thing that I also enjoyed was the ride to Mexico City.  Guadalajara and Mexico City are major cities which are fun to be in but during the ride I was able to see some of the more rural parts of Mexico.  Not much is more peaceful than driving past a picture perfect scene of farm animals and vegetation.  I took some pictures of that as well as some other Mexican towns.  It was nice to see because the big cities remind me a lot of the United States and I wanted to see something that felt just a little more different.  So, I am going to leave you all with all of the pictures that I took and thank you for reading.  
     I have two tests and a presentation to study for tomorrow. I am really excited for them ( I really like school ans class and all that stuff) so I will post again soon about my other endeavors in Guadalajara.




























  

1 comment: